Balmoral Pipes and Drums
The Balmoral Pipes & Drums Band is a project of the Balmoral School of Piping and Drumming, a non-profit, tax-exempt 501.c.3 corporation. Located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the band is comprised of pipers and drummers of all ages. The band strives to continue the proud and noble tradition of executing bagpipe and drum music at the highest level possible. The band practices weekly and performs at numerous public and private events throughout the year. New members with an interest in piping or drumming are always welcomed.
Book us for an event, or grab your pipes or drum and join the fun!
- July 29, 2017 - Ligonier Games Fundraiser, SOKOL Club, 2912 Carson St., Pittsburgh
- August 4, 2017 - Deer Lakes Parade
- August 12, 2017 -Monessen Parade (tentative)
- August 27, 2017 - Band Summer Social, Riverview Park
- September 2, 2017 - Pittsburgh Folk Festival (tentative)
- September 4, 2017 - Pittsburgh Labor Day Parade
- September 9, 2017 - Edinboro Highland Games Competition
- September 23, 2017 - Ligonier Highland Games Competition
- October 14, 2017 - Fort Ligonier Days Parade (tentative)
- October 29, 2017 - Washington PA Parade
Balmoral Pipes and Drums performing on Dec. 31, 2016 for Pittsburgh's First Night celebration at First Presbyterian Church. With Arthur McAra, Emcee, and Scottish Dancers Brittany Maniet and Andrew Hoffman.
Highmark First Night Pittsburgh, a production of the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, is Pittsburgh’s arts-focused New Year’s Eve celebration. Culminating with the city’s Countdown to Midnight and raising of the Future of Pittsburgh Ball, the six-hour celebration sprawls downtown’s renowned 14-block Cultural District—inside theaters, galleries, and unique spaces and along city streets on outdoor performance stages. Acclaimed national artists and Pittsburgh’s vibrant artist community ring in the new year for revelers with live music, dance, theater, visual arts, comedy, magic, kids’ activities and a signature parade along with two Zambelli Fireworks displays at 6 pm and midnight.